Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years and Still Going Strong!

     10 years ago today, the very foundation of America was shaken in a brutal attack on our soil. What started out as a normal day, soon developed to become a day filled with horror, tragedy, and hell. America was the forefront of an unseen war, and this soon became very evident to all citizens. This day changed America forever.
     Everybody remembers where they were at on this dark day. Personally, I was in 2nd grade. We were doing our morning work when somebody came and whispered in my teacher's ear. Her face turned pale and seemed to be filled with horror. She turned on the T.V. and told us to do our work and not to turn around to see the T.V. I, being the nosy and curious person I am, turned around and saw a fire. I remember thinking, "Big deal, a fire! That happens all the time!" This thought was soon interrupted by the teacher's scolding at me for disobeying her. They then proceeded to let school out early. Shortly before releasing us, my teacher called us up to her desk and she told us that something terrible had happened today and that she was going to leave it up to our parents to tell us what happened. As I got out to my car, my mom was crying. I asked what was wrong and she said she would show me when I got home. When we got home, my mom flipped on the T.V. I was in utter shock! Even at that young age, I knew that this was a tragedy and definitely an act of terror against our nation. My whole family had our eyes glued to the T.V. as we watched to see what answers we could find as to what and why this happened. Life literally seemed to stand still.
     I honestly could not even begin to imagine what the families of these people have felt or are still feeling. Better yet, I could not fathom what it felt to be on those planes that soon served as missiles of mass destruction. My heart goes out to those families as well as those families of the firemen and other rescue workers that were killed doing what they do best, helping people. These people are true heroes. They gave up their own lives to save the lives of others. My hat goes off to them all.
     Here we are, 10 years later. Our wounds are still slowly healing. However, we are still going strong! These evil demons that are referred to as "terrorists" thought they had won. However, the American Flag still flies to this day. A proud reminder to us all that we shall never give up hope! America was and still is the most prosperous nation in the world. Even though they made a dent in our pride, these terrorists could never crumble what America is, the land of the free and the home of the brave.
4 planes.
3 buildings.
12 terrorists.
3 hours.
3,000 killed.
1 terrible day.
10 years later.....STILL GOING STRONG!
May we never forget. God bless the families of the victims and God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment